August 2018 Updates
* The new General Data Protection Regulation
I'm sure that you will all be aware by
now that the new General Data Protection Regulation came into force on May 25th.
Rest assured that Flintshire U3A has taken appropriate steps to ensure that any information
that we hold on our members is held appropriately and securely and is only used for
essential membership purposes.
In order for us to comply with the regulation, all
FU3A members new and old are required to complete a new membership form. Some of
you may have done this already, if you haven’t your Group Coordinator will be receiving
copies to give to you or you can download one now click here. Please note, you only
need to fill it in once.
* New -
Flintshire U3A YouTube Channel featuring interviews from members and group coordinators
- click here
* The equipment is now temporarily with Peter - 01352754157.
* Proposed NEW GROUPS
- we have three new groups starting in September:
1. Enhance your Photos (digital
image manipulation) 2. Fly Fishing and Fly Tying
3. Maths/Numeracy Group - click
here for more detailed information.
* Coastline and Border Celebration - click the button above for latest information
* Away Day Break to County Cork/ Kerry - October 8th - 12th - click here for details.
* Music Live! At the Summer Picnic 2018 - click here
* Flintshire U3A Piano Recital by the renowned concert pianist Andrew Wilde, Theatr
Clwyd, Sept 20th - click here for details.
* An exclusive Music, Art & History Afternoon for U3A members at the National Museum
for details - click here.
* Deeside Social Event, Friday 21st September - latest - click here
* 10 Pin Bowling
Summer break - click here
*New - Film Group is on Summer recess. Autumn/Winter Programme
2018 - click here
* Trustees Tips for July 2018 - please click here
* Planning IN Retirement” - useful
documents from event - click here
*FU3A Planned Social Events update - click here
‘Science morning for Primary Schools’ on 1st October 2018 at Theatr Clwyd. During
the months of May and June, please help our funding application to ‘Tesco Bags of
Help’ for details of the project - click here
U3A Wales, Short Story Writing competition
2018 for details click here for more information.
Flintshire U3A Committee needs to know which Interest Groups you attend please -
Chris Winner, Chair FU3A