July 2018 Updates
* The new General Data Protection Regulation
I'm sure that you will all be aware by
now that the new General Data Protection Regulation came into force on May 25th.
Rest assured that Flintshire U3A has taken appropriate steps to ensure that any information
that we hold on our members is held appropriately and securely and is only used for
essential membership purposes.
In order for us to comply with the regulation, all
FU3A members new and old are required to complete a new membership form. Some of
you may have done this already, if you haven’t your Group Coordinator will be receiving
copies to give to you or you can download one now click here. Please note, you only
need to fill it in once.
* SCAM - HMRC! There is currently a telephone scam from someone who says they are
from HMRC. One of our members was a victim.The caller will say that a law suit is
being filed against you for non payment of taxes and a warrant for your arrest is
being drawn up. Please click here to read the Government guidelines on email, text
and phone scams.
* Deeside Social Event, Friday 21st September - latest - click here
* 10 Pin Bowling Summer break - click here
* Summer Social Event, Sunday, July 22nd - ‘Bring your own Picnic’ - click here
- Film Group is on Summer recess. Autumn/Winter Programme 2018 - click here
* Trustees Tips for July 2018 - please click here
* Planning IN Retirement” - useful documents from event - click here
*WARNING from Owl Cymru - Brown Bin Scam - click here here for details
*FU3A Planned Social Events update - click here
Proposed Archaeology visit to York,
OPEN TO ALL MEMBERS, August 12th to 14th inclusive, for details click here
‘Science morning for Primary Schools’ on 1st October 2018 at Theatr Clwyd. During
the months of May and June, please help our funding application to ‘Tesco Bags of
Help’ for details of the project - click here
U3A Wales, Short Story Writing competition 2018 for details click here for more
Flintshire U3A Committee needs to know which Interest Groups you attend please -
Chris Winner, Chair FU3A